Saturday, June 16, 2012

Death, Taxes, and Mysticism

Today was an interesting day.  I had a few ideas how to drive my new story around the block so to speak.  However, now I sit looking at my last paragraph waiting for what feels like the 2nd coming.  My mind is obviously elsewhere.  In a way, I feel like I'm in a morbid and dark time in my life that I want to write about death...or being dead.  But of course many people would say, "Wouldn't you have to be dead to know what it was like?"  That is the question that drives me.  It sparks a cascade of what ifs and possibilities that my brain tries to comprehend.  Being a man of science and a spiritual belief, my ideas try to conflict with one another.  I hope that I can feed off that internalized debate to come through with a powerful story for the reader.  I can almost feel it welling up inside of my brain, but then the pressure subsides and I realize that this entire time, I just needed some Motrin...

Back to the writing table...

No comments:

Post a Comment